“Work It! Taste It!,” is a weekly smoothie blending event held in front of the East Harlem Neighborhood Health Action Center. We will be parking our Fender Blender bicycle on the sidewalk in front of the Action Center (or inside the building in inclement weather) and inviting community residents to blend up delicious and healthy smoothies using pedal power! Our SMART Ambassadors will pass out smoothie samples to all who gather around the activity. Our particular fundraising goals are for:
1. Food and other supplies (cups, aprons, latex gloves) for smoothie-blending.
2. A composter for recycling the organic refuse generated (banana peels, etc.).
3. An iPad to aid with outreach and fund-raising.
4. Advertising costs for outreach material.
5. Stipend salaries for our SMART Ambassadors who staff the event.
Every dollar will be matched by the NY Health Foundation!
View flyer here!